Biyernes, Setyembre 6, 2013

Missing in Church

Dear Arah and Etan,

You asked me, "what do you do when you cannot go to church?" I am guessing now that you have heard a ton of bashing from church members because they did not see you in church last week. I know you feel like it is the greatest sin for a Pastor's Kid like us not to be seen in church because you are expected to be there. I know you feel like it is your obligation to hear your Dad preach on Sundays despite him giving you a sermon almost everyday.I know how it feels like the worst kid ever for not being on church on a Sunday. I know how you feel that the church people are quick to judge you rather than sympathize and ask why you missed church in the first place.  They did not even bother to ask if anything was wrong to make you miss church. They would have known that they were pushing you away. They would have known that you were somewhere else. They would have know that you were in a place where you feel loved. They would have known you were in a sacred place where you can freely worship God. They would have known that you were in fact in a "church." Only, it was not in 'their' church.

When I was your age, I started traveling especially on weekends. I loved it especially when I get to worship in a place that no one recognizes me. A different local church. In those instances, I feel closer to God. It is during those times when I can worship God freely without the watchful eyes of the church people. I can worship God honestly without having to worry people's comment on my church manner and behavior. Yes, when your heart truly worships God, the place should not matter. But we PK's understand that a heart that truly worships God is a heart that does not worry about the place around him/her - there is peace in his/her heart. Most of the times, we experience that peace whenever we are "missing" in church.

Remember whenever you encounter problems, you are not alone.

   

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento